Saturday, December 31, 2011

Lost in Translation

From Listening Lynn...

Like many husbands, mine pretty much never listens. I have resigned myself to that fact, but the thing that annoys me the most is that if I ask him a question he’ll automatically answer “yes” or “uh-huh” without even hearing the question!

The other day I asked him if he had had coffee with his friend that morning. He says “yeah.” Although I am standing right there, not shouting from across the room, I can see he’s not listening so I sort of smarted back, “Oh, that’s nice. How’s he doing?” Hubby says, “How’s who doing?” I said, “Your friend, James…how is he doing today?” Hubby says, “I don’t know…I haven’t seen him.” I said, “You just said you had coffee with him this morning.” Hubby: “No I didn’t.” “Yes, you did. That’s what I just asked you. Why did you say yes when the answer was no?” His answer was one of the best: “I don’t know what you said…I don’t hear half of what you say.” Nice, huh? Of course, if I decide just not to talk to him for a while he wonders why I’m so quiet! K

7 comments:

  1. I wrote on google "is my husband stupid?" and I came accross your Blog. It made me feel so much better. How come you are not writting any more? I have plenty of stories to share. The most recent was that I asked my husband to put in the garbage the plastic cup he uses as an ashtray (with water and full of butts). He did. I went outside to put some bottles on the recycling bin and guess what I saw?..the cup with the cigarettes!!!! His answer is always: "Sorry honey, you're right"...ughhhhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!! i'm a male, so i know i'm a little slow :) luckily i've had a beautiful and SMART girlfriend teach me how to behave!! i'd love to hear your stories!!

      Delete
    2. haha! you're lucky!

      Delete
  2. Ladies that's nothing! My husband can't operate a sprinkler, drive a car without denting it up, get "it" up, now the lawn without destroying the grass, doesn't cook and can't remember to brush his teeth. He never listens to me, yet I am constantly having to prove him wrong. And this is only scratching the surface ladies. I'll tell you If a man is this useless I just can't stay with him. Most men don't listen. But if he can do most things, and respects you, keep him! Trust me it could be a lot worse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't his fault he can't get it up... its yours.

      Delete
  3. My hubby doesn't listen either! Grrrrrrr!! Men!!!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Abija); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him here as (518) 303-6207 or spirituallighthealing101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more.

    ReplyDelete

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template