Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just take a breath...

Here's another stupid stuff my husband does post from another suffering wife... Not to say wives don't do anything stupid. We just don't talk about it. We love our hubbys, but here's another "stupid" story.

So we have an asthmatic cat, Brodie, that needs to be given an inhaler twice a day (I know, this story also qualifies me for the "Insane Pet Owners Blog"). One night a few weeks ago I noticed that when I finished giving Brodie his inhaler, the counter on it read "0" which meant it was empty. So I called the pharmacy and ordered a refill. Now normally my husband (who is also wrapped around our kitties' paws) gives Brodie his medicine in the morning, but I'm the one who manages his meds, dr.'s appts, etc. So I told my darling husband that if he could, please pick up the new inhaler in the morning so that Brodie has his medicine, as I wouldn't be able to pick it up until after work. He said "no problem" and I'm thinking I have such a nice, dependable husband.

Fast forward to 6pm when I come home from work. There is Brodie's old inhaler sitting on the counter and the new one still in the pharmacy bag sitting next to it. Once my immediate anger of "what the hell" had subsided, I reminded myself that I have the occational "brain fart" myself and that he probably got the new inhaler and then forgot to use it. So a few hours later when my husband comes home I jokingly ask "So, did you have a brain fart today? You forgot to give Brodie his new inhaler."
"No, I just used the old one."
"On purpose? Why wouldn't you use the new one? The old one was empty!"
"Nah, it still had something in there. He's fine".
My husband walks out of the room and I stand there dumbfounded wondering why on earth he would bother going to the pharmacy to pick up a new inhaler and then not even use it. I'm still completely perplexed by his "logic."

I know this "logic" - it's the "I wouldn't want to waste a potential penny even if it means the pain of a loved one may be involved." I too have seen it in action. Thanks for your submission, insane pet lover and stupid stuff my husband does sufferer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template